Sunday, April 28, 2013

Adventure Time

I'm writing this on April 26th. I've called upon the magic of the internet to publish this today, while I am in South Africa with zero internet access. I won't have internet for a while.

I'm in South Africa, most likely on a bus. I have exactly one backpack, and that is all. And I am happy.

When I came to Swaziland, one of the things I was most excited for was the idea of term breaks, where I can just pick a place and go. Now, after three and a half months of school, it's finally the first term break. The term has flown by, but I have to admit, I'm ready to get off this campus. It's time to explore for a while.

At school, we have to sign out when we leave campus. This time, everyone signed out to "home" or to "link family." I signed out to "adventures." And that's pretty much what it is. I know where I'm going to sleep every night, but that's pretty much all that I know.

I don't really have anything to say about my trip, other than the fact that I'm there. And that's the point - it doesn't matter what you're doing, as long as you're doing something.

So, uh, that's your cue. Especially everyone reading this in the States, where you still have a summer vacation. Go do something.

And congratulations to Abby and Leo - they're the US national committee's selections to come to Waterford in January as IB1s. Can't wait to meet them!

No comments:

Post a Comment