Friday, December 9, 2011

Semi-Finalist!

I got an email a couple days ago. Here's what it read:

Dear Diana Grote:
You have been selected as a semi-finalist for the NSLI-Y program! As a semi-finalist, the next step in the competitive selection process is a personal interview.  If you have not been contacted already, soon you will hear from a local AFS Intercultural Programs Volunteer about NSLI-Y interviews in your area. The volunteer will inform you of whether your interview will take place at a NSLI-Y Interview Event, in your home, or over the phone. Please keep your eyes open for this email, and respond in a timely manner if you would still like to be considered for a NSLI-Y scholarship.
Sincerely,
The NSLI for Youth team, American Councils

Life is so good. It's so strange to be going through this whole process again. The application was strange to be answering those same questions again, and now it's strange to be waiting for my interview day again. It's strange to be nervous for the interview again, but for different reasons. The first time around, I just wanted to make sure they saw how interested I was, and how very badly I wanted to go. Now, I've become so much more so involved with the Middle East, and so much more passionate about it. And I'm just worried that I'm going to have a hard time explaining exactly how much I love Arabic and the Middle East to some interviewer.

Well, that's life, I guess. For now, I'm just going to go work on another exchange program application for a longer term. Insha'allah, as they say :)

No comments:

Post a Comment