Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lasts and Firsts

Next week is my tenth and final week of working and living here at camp. When I drive home, it'll be the last time I pull out of the camp parking lot, and the last time I drive the four hours back to my house.

I received my last LHS school schedule yesterday. This is my last semester there, and therefore my last marching band season, my last homecoming, and my last couple months living in the States.

But when I leave, it'll be my first time going to Africa. It'll be my first time going to a boarding school, and my first time in the new subjects - I've never studied siSwati at my American school. It'll be the first time I'll start at an international school nine thousand miles away from home - and probably my last.

As camp winds to a close, and I get ready to move back home for a few months, it's a strange balance of trying to enjoy the lasts, while still looking forward to the firsts.

No comments:

Post a Comment