Nothing extraordinarily exciting (always a relative statement) has been happening around here this week, but there have been quite a few moments that have made me laugh when I think about how "UWC" they are. Here are my top ten from this week:
- The sheer amount of time that I've spent speaking Arabic this week, after nearly three years of ignoring the fact that I speak the language.
- When the Dutch student is shocked that I am speaking siSwati with the Swazi student.
- When I sit down at dinner and we joke that it's a south Asian cultural meeting, but it's not even a joke, because the other people at the table are two Indians and a girl from the Maldives (Maldivian? Not sure).
- Seeing my bookshelf and realizing that the titles are in three different languages, and that I understand all of them.
- DRIVING ON THE LEFT FOR THE FIRST TIME.
- The fact that one of my best friend's room is a mess right now because she's spending all her time constructing a costume for a traditional Malawian dance, to be danced by a Zimbabwean boy and a Zambian boy at the cultural day in a few weeks.
- I am in a Russian choir. Enough said.
- Because currently looking around the room, I could thirteen nationalities. There are fourteen people.
- When maize-meal porridge is served at a meal, everyone has a different name for it "from home.
- Because today, I got rejected from a job in Germany, and I don't even care, because in a month, I'm going to Namibia and Botswana.
Anyways, that's pretty much all! And to make this even more UWC, here's a picture of me representing the Anti-Human Trafficking group in an assembly announcement. Thanks guys!