Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Things I'm Wondering

I'm sure that all of these will be answered soon enough, assuming they'll give me a packet of information about the school and everything. It's strange - I thought I knew SO much about the school when I was at the interview, but now it's been occurring to me that I know oh-so little about anything. So, here goes!

In no particular order... and this is definitely an incomplete list...

  1. How exactly do you pronounce Mbabane? Em-ba-ban?
  2. What classes have the best field trips? Best teachers?
  3. How many suitcases do people bring?
  4. Would it be better to ship or check my tuba as luggage?
  5. What exact day are we leaving?
  6. WHO IS MY CO-YEAR? 
  7. Do I even have a co-year from the US?
  8. If I do, who are you, and can we coordinate flights?
  9. Who are my roommates going to be?
  10. Are those "traditional Swazi huts" on the UWC website dorms?
  11. Do I get to live in one?
  12. What am I going to do this fall before I go?
  13. What am I going to do when I get back?
  14. What is class going to be like? Small? Big? Aliens?
  15. Will I like it there?
Psh, that last one is silly. I decided before going to Jordan that homesickness and comfort in a new place is a choice. All you have to do is decide that you're not going to be homesick, and that you're going to love wherever you're going. And POOF - you love it there. It works, at least so far, at least for me. I figure it's a mindset thing. We'll see if it works again. As of now though, I'm just really, really excited, and thinking that January is simply too far away. I've had people ask me if I'm nervous, and I guess I'm just not. I see no reason to be nervous - I'm starting at a really awesome school, with really awesome people! What's there to be nervous about?

I wish I knew the exact day I was leaving so I could start a countdown! I LOVE countdowns... 

No comments:

Post a Comment