Friday, June 15, 2012

Campers and Checkmarks.

We found out who our campers are going to be for the first week. Thing is, all we get about them is a name, and a sheet full of check-marks. Can they swim? Can they feed themselves? Will they sleep through the night? Do they use a wheelchair?

It's really ridiculous. How can you possibly judge someone just by some checks on a page? I really don't want to - I kind of wish they wouldn't tell us. They're just people, and I hate that the only things I know about my campers right now are their limitations. Nothing about their personalities, nothing about their hopes and dreams and passions. Right now, I just know what my camper can and can't do.

I wonder what the world would be like if we removed all labels and check marks from people, and just waited to meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment