Thursday, June 28, 2012

SUDDEN EXCITEMENT!

To be fair, you need to know the context of this post. I'm currently doing "cabin duty" at the camp I'm working at, which involves sitting here for three hours, from nine to midnight, just making sure that the cabins stay somewhat under control. A typical cabin duty involves numerous bathroom incidents, probably someone falling out of bed, campers just sitting up and starting to rock back and forth for no reason, campers deciding to change their clothes in the middle of the night, and campers just deciding they'd rather not sleep.

Anyways, to be frank, I haven't had time to shower or brush my hair in about three days, much less think about the fact that I'm moving to Swaziland in six months. So when something popped up on my Facebook (in between the craziness, cabin duty is essentially my weekly computer time) that this other kid was going to Swaziland with me, I paused, did a double take, and then I essentially freaked out. This is the first I've heard of another person from the States being accepted, and it just makes me suddenly really excited!

Also, shout-out to Erika B. from my Madison interview who was just bumped off the waitlist, and will be starting at the UWC in Bosnia and Herzegovina in the fall. She's amazing, and I always knew she would make it! Wishing her a fabulous time!

LIFE IS SO WONDERFUL! Peace, love, travel, culture, whatever makes you happy.

Pardon my strange energy - I just really need to sleep. Too bad the only real rule about cabin duty is that you can't sleep until midnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment