Saturday, June 9, 2012

To Iowa!

I leave today to go to Iowa for the rest of the summer (I get back August 18th), where I'll be working to earn some money to pay for my plane ticket to Swaziland.

While Iowa isn't the most exciting destination in the world, there are some parts about travelling there that are much more exciting than my travels to Jordan.

While yes, I will be driving through cornfields, at least I'll be driving, compared to flying, where you're herded around with hundreds of other cranky passengers, and nobody talks to each other, and everyone just wants to get there already. When you're on a plane, you pass over so much - you see airports during your layover, and only get off the plane at your final destination. While driving, if there's something on the side of the road that seems fascinating, I can stop and look around.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that it should be an interesting journey this time, and even while the destination isn't as exciting as Swaziland or Jordan, I'm looking forward to the ride. And even though the destination isn't as "exciting," I'm still looking forward to it just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment