Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I'm a wimp.

Today's the day I've been dreading for a very, very long time, for a very, very silly reason. It's vaccination day...

To go live in Africa for two years, there's a whole slew of vaccines that I need - most of which are things you don't need vaccines for in America. There's a whole wonderful list in the paperwork I have to send in, and it's much longer than I wish.

Here's the thing: I hate shots. I hate shots more than anything. I like to think of myself as a rather brave person, but I hate shots. They freak me out so, so much. It's not the pain, and it's not the idea that something is going inside my skin - I have the piercings to prove that those things don't bother me. It's completely irrational, but I still hate shots. Oh, so, much.

But, it's kind of a requirement (for my own good, I know) when getting ready to live in Africa, so I'll deal with it.

Eek. Since I found out I was going to Swaziland, this is the first thing I've been nervous about! This is so pathetic...

UPDATE: Didn't have to get any shots... today. Just made another appointment with the travel doctor to get them, because my normal doctor didn't have a single one available. So happy! I'll deal with this later... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment