Saturday, March 9, 2013

King Mswati at Waterford

Yesterday, King Mswati came to Waterford to celebrate the school's achievements over the last 50 years. Highlights of the day? I danced a traditional Swazi dance in a traditional Swazi outfit for the king, and then he mentioned in his speech that the non-Swazi dancers did such a good job with the Swazi dance. I felt so special :)
 
Later on, attended a Q&A session with the king. To be blunt, his answers were awful, but I'll blame politics instead of him.
 
I'm just going to stop there, before I complain about how excessive and overly formal the whole day was, and how for a celebration of a school, the school was rather neglected, just so that the king would be comfortable.
 
Instead, I'll just post a bad picture that we took later that day in hostel of my Swazi outfit. We weren't allowed to take pictures at the event itself, but this is the outfit.
 
 
I guess that despite everything, it was still a good day, even though everyone returned to hostel that night exhausted. I've never heard hostel so quiet on a Friday night before - we all just went to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment