Friday, March 16, 2012

4H International Night

Tonight is 4H International Night at the fairgrounds, and our club is doing Jordan!

Internation Night is where each club picks a country, does some research, and creates a booth about their country, complete with flags, food, posters, and souvenirs and objects if they can get them. After this summer,  we've got plenty :)

So I've got a box in front of me with everything I'm bringing to display, along with the poster that we put together last week. I've got a couple of scarves, a galabaya, an Arabic keyboard, a bunch of Arabic books, a Qu'ran, a few different sorts of dictionaries, some children's books, a prayer rug, and some prayer beads. And I'm wearing my flag bracelet, and my seeing eye bracelet. And I framed a five dinar note and a one dinar note to display as well. I don't think I realized the amount of "stuff" I brought back until now, nor did I realize how many books I brought back, and how few "souvenirs."

But this makes me really happy. I'll definitely post some pictures after tonight - it should look pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment