Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Life

Here's a short list of things on my mind. Sometimes lists are easier :)

  1. I really want to just gush happiness over all the people going to Jordan this summer, and tell them everything about why I love it there, but I promised myself that I wouldn't tell them ANYTHING so that I don't ruin it for them. But I really want to make sure that they appreciate the fantastic-ness of Radio ROTANA. But I don't want to tell them, because I want them to discover its awesomen factor all on their own. 
  2. I'm getting more and more nervous about the UWCs as the week of fate draws nearer. Not much to say about this, other than I just really, really want to get in. I watched the entire One World show from the UWC in Canada after it got posted on their Facebook, and it just made me that much more excited :)
  3. I wish nobody would be rejected from NSLI-Y their first time through. I understand that us alumni are to be turned down sometimes, but I wish everyone could have the experience at least once! It just makes me sad to see people who aren't getting accepted.
I have more on my mind than this, as that would be rather pathetic to only think about three things, but this is all that's really relevant to this blog. 

Also, I just want to say that EVERYONE WHO APPLIED FOR NSLI-Y IS AWESOME AND I LOVE YOU ALL AND I DON'T CARE WHO MADE IT IN AND NOT YOU'RE ALL STILL FANTASTIC AND I WISH EVERYONE COULD GO! I'm sick of seeing everyone who hasn't heard back yet being so sad. 

(NSLI-Y acceptances aren't done yet, but they're drawing to a close. They said that they'll be done by April 20th, and all the alternates, aka me, will know for sure by May 15th).

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting more and more nervous about the UWCs as the week of fate draws nearer."

    Same here... For us, the waits even more anxious as they're giving the results out one by one over the next 7 days..

    Good luck!
    Hope we both get in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that way is just begging for nervousness :) Where are you from?

    ReplyDelete