Monday, April 23, 2012

The sun'll come out... tomorrow!

I made it through the school today with a relatively sane head left on my shoulders, which means that I, and all the other applicants, are in the home stretch of this grueling wait.

So I get home from school, and check the UWC-USA Applicants Facebook page, just for some consolation that there are others out there with the same anxiety levels as me. There, I read,

"ZERO YEARS!!! :D Hey, I'm [name], a Second Year at Pearson College UWC. For all you future Pearsonites, I'm happy to answer any questions that you have, so send them my way. Oh, and Congratulations!"

"Hi everyone! I'm [name], a first year at UWC Maastricht! If anyone has any questions or wants to talk just send me a message and I'm all yours! And if you're coming my way next year let me know!"

"Hey everyone! I'm [name], a second year currently at UWC Maastricht. For whomever will be here next year, hello, it's nice to meet you, and feel free to ask me questions!"


I had to consciously be all, "Breathe, breathe, they haven't released anything yet, it's just people trying to be nice and welcoming for tomorrow. They haven't sent anything out yet." But then I went and checked my email anyways, and when I got back to the Facebook page, somebody had already commented with a tale of their own freak-out moment.

So, as far as I can tell, it all still stands at tomorrow - the crazy madness of trying to focus on the ACT while being really, really excited about UWCs. Not a good combination, but assuming they send it before 5 o'clock tomorrow, I'll know within the next 24 hours, give or take a few for time zones. I'm so stressed out. Beyond freaked out. In a really happy, excited, "OMG," kind of way. Even though I can't even remember the last time I ever said "OMG."

Oh, and I'm going to see the Dalai Lama on Thursday, which I feel really terribly about kind of brushing off at the time being, but I'm sure I'll get really excited for it once... well, once I hear something. I don't want to jinx it :D

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WHO APPLIED! I'M SENDING YOU ALL HAPPY-GOOD-LUCK VIBES! I wish we could all get in - if everyone across the country who applied is as awesome as the group from my interview, well, that's a really awesome 120 people, to say the least. I can't even imagine having to just pick 52 of them.

Edit: The list of current students posting keep growing... I can't help but get more excited! They all keep saying stuff like "If you're coming here in the fall, send me a message!" I hope so badly that I'll have reason to be sending one of those messages tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment