Friday, January 11, 2013

LEAVING TOMORROW!

I'll spare you all the "OH MY GOSH I'M SO EXCITED TO LEAVE FOR SWAZILAND!"

Okay, so I let it slip in there once. I promise, I'm done.

Anyways, I'm leaving tomorrow, which is really, really crazy. I'm all packed - one suitcase, one backpacking-ish backpack, and then a shoulder bag for my laptop. It's really strange to see it by the door, after all this time waiting.

So, quick flashback...

Just over a year ago, in the middle of November 2011, I got something in the mail, telling me about this weird school, where I could study in all these different countries for high school... and it was free?

Now, we all know that we get a lot of college spam mail, but I couldn't help but show this to my mom, asking "could this be legitimate?" Spoiler alert: it was :)

Back in present day, I was cleaning out my car this morning about found that flyer in my glove compartment. That flyer. The flyer that first told me about UWC. It was very bizarre, knowing that if the school hadn't, for whatever reason, mailed me this one sheet of paper, telling me about UWC, I would be currently studying for finals at my old high school right now, instead of checking that I've got my passport and yellow fever cards packed.

Anyways...

I'M LEAVING FOR SWAZILAND TOMORROW AND I'M SO EXCITED!!!

^The "life-changing" flyer that I received in the mail over a year ago :)

No comments:

Post a Comment