Friday, January 4, 2013

Deodorant

I was going to bring just one deodorant, and buy more in Swaziland as I need it, but everyone I've talked to says that abroad, deodorant is just not quite the same, and not quite as effective. So, I figured I'd have to bring some more than I thought. But, I don't keep a year's supply of deodorant at my house... so, Wal-Mart!

After finding the deodorant I wanted, and being happy that it was on sale for a dollar each, I grabbed eight, because that was all the store had, and I decided that should be enough.

Now, I've gotten some weird looks walking through Wal-Mart. I mean, I've done the Wal-Mart Scavenger Hunt. I've proposed to a stranger in the aisles of Wal-Mart, kissed a stranger on the cheek in Wal-Mart, set up a full-sized tent in the aisle of Wal-Mart, and set up a battle between the toys on the floor of the toy aisle in Wal-Mart.

None of that even compares to the number of awkward looks I got carrying eight sticks of deodorant through the store. And then I started laughing, because I realized how ridiculous I looked, and then I must have just looked some crazy person, buying eight sticks of deodorant and giggling to myself.

Oh, Wal-Mart. I'll miss you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment