Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ajloun and Downtown

So we went to Ajloun, which is an old castle, which pretty much meant we were in the sun, which meant headscarf. It's cooler to wear it, so I did. Also, in that city, outside of Amman, hijab and niqab are even more common than in Amman. Every local woman wears at least hijab, maybe niqab. Especially the women from Saudi, wearing the full face cover, and then the men in what looks like a white robe and  head cloth. I don't know what they're called.

That night, I went to downtown Amman with my host family. It's kind of insane,, with seven people in a compact car, adding in the traffic, but it was fun. And I totally ignored any sort of health rules, eating street food and fruit from vendors before it was washed. I don't suggest that, but I'm fine.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment